Bogen ANS501 Ambient Noise Sensor w/ Power Supply & Mic.
The Bogen Ambient Noise Sensor system is designed to monitor continuously changing ambient noise levels
and electronically adjust the level of a page announcement and/or background music so intelligibility is
maintained. The system consists of the control module (Model ANS501), a microphone module (ANS500M),
and a power supply.
The system ensures that page announcements and music are audible even during periods of high noise levels by continuously monitoring the ambient noise level through a microphone module located in the subject area and adjusting the paging signal level into the system's amplifier.
- Consists of an ANS501 control unit, an ANS500M microphone module, and a power supply
- Balanced input and output
- Unbalanced input and output
- Unbalanced stereo AUX inputs (summed mono)
- AUX inputs bypass gain control feature
- Remote defeat connections (to disable level boost)
- Automatically adjusts level of page announcements
- Run/Set mode switch
- ANS501 can be wired in between preamp and power amp or to amplifier insert jacks
- Maximum boost; activity threshold; relative gain; AUX input level; ramp speed; and ambient MIC input threshold controls
- Supports up to four microphones wired in parallel
- Microphone wire run can be up to 2,000 feet with no appreciable loss of signal
- Microphone module includes an adjustable mounting bracket for precise positioning
- Powered by a 12V wall-mounted power supply that operates from 120V AC